When it comes to fussy kids, meals, snacks and treats can sometimes present a real headache for parents. You want to give your little ones freedom and independence, of course… but you also want to know they’re filling their bodies with nourishing foods to help them grow. If you’re having trouble with a picky eater, it might be time to enlist the help of some fussy toddler recipes: the quick, easy, nutritious and oh-so-delicious bites that your little one won’t be able to resist!
Whether you’re looking for fast and simple lunch box ideas for fussy eaters to take to kindy or just trying to make mealtimes a less dramatic event for both you and your toddler, recipes for fussy eaters that incorporate the goodness of the Bubs Organic Range are here to save the day.
Banana, Sweet Potato, Carrot & Pumpkin Mini Muffins
Looking for clever lunch box ideas for fussy eaters? Look no further than these mini muffins.
Specially sized for small hands and mouths, these yummy bites are less overwhelming than regular muffins, making them great healthy snacks for fussy eaters, whether they’re at home, at kindy or on the go.
These bites are super quick and easy to whip up, and can be stored in the fridge, so there’s always something delicious on hand when hunger comes knocking.
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup Bubs® Organic Plant Burst Sweet Potato, Carrot and Pumpkin Puree
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- Preheat oven to 180oC. Spray a 24-hole mini muffin pan with non-stick spray (or line with mini patty pans).
- Whisk together oat flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- In another bowl, mix together Bubs Organic Sweet Potato, Carrot and Pumpkin Puree, banana and egg.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold through the grated carrot.
- Divide mixture evenly among the mini muffin holes and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Blueberry, Banana & Quinoa Yoghurt Popsicles
When the little ones are screaming for ice cream, but you’d prefer to offer healthy snacks for fussy eaters, try these popsicles for one of the simplest (but also the yummiest!) fussy toddler recipes around. Little ones just won’t be able to resist these creamy frozen treats, plus – they’re so easy to prepare!
- 1 Bubs® Organic Plant Burst Blueberry, Banana and Quinoa Pouch
- 1 cup Greek yoghurt
- Vanilla extract
- Squeeze a Bubs® Organic Plant Burst Blueberry, Banana and Quinoa Pouch into a blender along with a cup of Greek yoghurt, a little vanilla extract and some honey (about a tablespoon, or to taste).
- Process together until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into individual icy pole moulds and freeze until solid (usually overnight).
From One Mum To Another: If you don’t have reusable icy pole moulds, you can use small plastic or paper cups, paper patty pans, or even individual silicone cupcake moulds, and wooden ice-block sticks.
Fun Snack Platter
You know who loves a grazing board as much as you do? Little fussy eaters! Toddlers’ recipes don’t have to be difficult or involve a million steps, as this delicious and super-simple idea proves. Presentation can be key to prepping fussy kids’ meals, and for this platter, arranging simple healthy food, such as fruit, cheese, crackers and cut veggies, nicely on the plate, makes it extra enticing for little bellies.
An assortment of bite-sized snack foods such as:
- Cheese cubes
- Ham or deli meat
- A small handful of pretzels
- Half an apple or orange cut into slices
- Veggies such as fresh snow peas, edamame, or red or yellow capsicum (tip: cut into rings and call them flowers to add interest!)
- Dips of your choice
- Bubs® Organic snacks
Simply arrange different nutritious foods around your toddler’s plate, plus a couple of treats to keep it fun.
In the centre of the plate, place a small bowl with something they can dip fruit or crackers into. It could be something savoury, such as homemade hummus or tzatziki, for a veggie-based platter, or a little peanut butter or melted chocolate chips as a treat to go with fruit slices.
For variety, you can swap in anything from the tasty Bubs Organic Range, which is full of delicious options for your little one. And don’t forget to get a snap of your creations & tag us @bubsaustralia !