It’s hard to believe it, but Christmas is just around the corner! Get ready for the festive season with some of our favourite Christmas snacks for kids. Easy to make at home with the help of your little one, they’re a great way to spend some quality time in the kitchen.
From savoury snacks to sweet treats, try these delicious recipes filled with fruit, vegetables and our nutritious Bubs products:
Healthy and delicious, these adorable yet easy Christmas treats are sure to spark a smile or two this holiday season.
- 2 punnets of strawberries
- 1 cup of thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon of Bubs Organic Grass Fed Toddler Milk powder
- ½ tablespoon of natural vanilla essence
- Chocolate chips
- Whisk the thickened cream, Bubs Organic Grass Fed Toddler Milk powder and vanilla together until it appears smooth and fluffy. Set the mixture aside to reach room temperature.
- Slice the green tip off the strawberries to create a flat base using a small, sharp knife. Slice the strawberries in half.
- Sit the strawberries on top of absorbent kitchen paper (flat side down). Spoon the cream mixture into a piping bag (you can make one of these by cutting the corner off a ziplock bag).
- Working carefully, pipe the mixture onto the surface of the strawberries to create Santa’s ‘head’.
- Place the top of the strawberries on top of the cream head. Add chocolate chip eyes.
- Serve immediately or place straight in the fridge.
Berry and Banana Snowballs
Spread a little festive cheer with this delicious kids Christmas dessert. Containing just four ingredients, it’s a tasty fruity treat that grown-ups are sure to love too!
- 2 Bubs® Organic Berry and Banana Bircher Muesli pouches
- 1 cup of almond meal
- 4 Medjool dates
- ¼ cup of unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Add Bubs® Organic Berry and Banana Bircher Muesli pouches, dates and almond meal to a food processor. Blend until smooth. If the mixture feels a little too wet once blended, add a little more almond meal to bind the mixture further.
- Line a tray with baking paper and roll the mixture into balls, using approximately one tablespoon of mixture at a time. Place the balls onto the tray and chill in the fridge for around 10 minutes.
- Once the balls have set, remove them from the fridge and roll them in the coconut. Try to cover each ball evenly.
From One Mum To Another: While we love using our Berry and Banana Bircher Muesli Pouch to make these easy Christmas treats, you can choose to incorporate your little one’s favourite food pouch.
Sweet Potato, Carrot and Pumpkin Christmas Stars
A delicious seasonal savoury snack with no hidden nasties, our sweet potato, carrot and pumpkin Christmas stars are sure to be a hit in your household! Containing just five ingredients, these easy Christmas treats for kids make for a great snack or a fun addition to little lunchboxes.
- 2 Bubs® Organic Sweet Potato, Carrot and Pumpkin pouches
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- 4 tablespoons of oat flour
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180℃ and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Add Bubs® Organic Sweet Potato, Carrot and Pumpkin pouches, grated cheese, oat flour and eggs to a mixing bowl and combine. Add additional oat flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Place a star-shaped cookie cutter on the baking tray, scooping a little mixture inside to make a star shape. Press the mixture down lightly so it fills the cookie cutter shape. Remove the cookie cutter and repeat until all the mixture has been used. Each star should be approximately 5 millimetres deep.
- Bake for 13 minutes or until stars are crispy on the edges.
From One Mum To Another: These delicious savoury stars are freezer friendly, meaning you can always have some on hand for a mid-morning or afternoon snack. Once cooked and cooled, place stars in an airtight container and freeze. You can store these cute Christmas treats in the freezer for up to two months.
Celery Rudolph Snacks
These easy Christmas treats not only look and taste great but are great fun to put together. Best of all, they contain plenty of great veggies and take next to no time to put together, especially if you’ve already bought or made your own hummus. Little ones will enjoy helping to add Rudolph’s antlers, eyes and iconic red nose!
- Cherry tomatoes
- Wash celery and slice into 10cm sticks.
- Spread hummus in the centre of each celery stick.
- Break pretzels in half from top to bottom to create antlers, placing two at the top of each celery stick. To help each antler stay in place, gently press the inner edges into the hummus.
- Place two sultanas below the pretzels to make Rudolph’s eyes. Then, gently press them into the hummus to keep them in place.
- Slice a cherry tomato in half, placing one half at the bottom of the celery stick to make Rudolph’s nose. As with the sultana eyes and pretzel ears, gently pressing the tomato into the hummus can help keep it in place.
We wish all Bubs customers a very merry Christmas! We hope you enjoy a happy and healthy holiday season with your little ones and don’t forget to get a snap of your creations & tag us @bubsaustralia !