It is important to establish a routine around mealtimes, but they can also be spontaneous, flexible & fun!
SIMPLE FUN IDEAS TO TRY:
- Present snack food in divided containers with small amounts of colourful food.
- Have a picnic on a rug in the family room or cubby house ~ a favourite teddy can join the party.
- Try a backwards dinner, having dessert first (provided it is healthy & balanced).
- Make a clown face using lettuce for hair, carrots for the eyes & peas for the mouth.
- Place food on a serving tray & allow them to serve themselves.
- Use pens to turn a hard boiled egg into Humpty Dumpty.
- Cut sandwiches or toast into interesting shapes.
- Eat dinner outside on the veranda or in a nearby park.